Hyland House, Essex - LP Project
Ill and bored over Christmas, I decided to have a go at the LP Project in last month's mag. The result isn't that inspired, but at least I tried. It is a one liner, but I did look quite a bit as I am now trying to move the one liner method on so that you look at your reference about 80% of the time, but then use the other 20% for quick checks on the drawing. I have definitely found that my observational skills have improved since doing all the blind drawings and I shall make sure in future that I study my subject a lot more closely than I have ever done in the past - so a good and useful lesson learned.
About the Artist
I am a watercolourist first and foremost as I love the qualities of the medium, its riskiness and unpredictability. I started painting about 8 years ago and it has now become an integral part of my life. Hopefully, I will continue to paint into my dotage as I am given to understand that you can…View full profile