And now September 2022 sketch a day !!( or when you can) and chat.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 13 of 69
Tessa, those hanger type buildings look just great, they would make an interesting painting. I love old buildings Bari, I don't have your skills drawing them but I still like to try and have a go and you don't really realise how complex they are to draw, for example, I thought this would be quite a simple drawing but once I got going, it was actually difficult. I've just finished some work on the oil I'm doing, so, I am going to try and add some colour to the drawing and see if I can get it looking more like the building. Here is the photo of the building I took.
This is another I took, I was lucky to get these 3 joggers passing by that gave some human aspect to the shapes of the buildings down there. The Ships are just the other side .

Edited
by Denise Cat

Excellent photos Denise , I know you will make a really good painting of them , particularly like the one with the jogger. Looking forward to seeing your work. I have a picture in mind of you sat/ stood in the industrial area painting , with a few builders etc looking on to see what your up too, probably think your from the Employment offices checking up on them . Whatever have fun and be safe . 
Will lend you my hi viz doggo walking outfit Denise.  I am looking forward to see what you do with this, I literally could think of nothing I would less like to paint.  Lol I’ve been playing in my sketch book with what started as my view , it then got a tad exaggerated though I do look toward the Denbigh moors and do get wonderful mists arising from the Afon  Clwyd.  Just used a monochrome and a brush.
I'll probably need a helmet with flashing lights on down there Sylvia, Lol. I know Denbigh moors, it's not to far and it is certainly a beautiful place. Your monochrome is lovely. You are right, I have never ever seen any artist down that end of town, sketching or painting. 
That building is crying out for abstraction! I can’t wait to see what you do, Denise.
Well, Ellen, feel free to use the photo's, I'm just putting a bit of colour to the drawing. I'm busy with a couple of oil paintings at the moment but I hope to go down and paint plein air in the area in a few weeks, when the light is good and the sunlight hits of all the buildings.
I might have a play with your photos Denise. I'm still playing with the Gouache, it isn't doing what I tell it, but l will not let it beat me...today's effort..
Feel free Bari, I must say, I am liking the Gouache.
Thanks Denise I'm playing with them in my sketch book
Wow Bari, that looks great.
Just looking at the shapes and negative space and how the eye follows the composition..
Showing page 13 of 69