And now September 2022 sketch a day !!( or when you can) and chat.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 14 of 69
Liking the gouache and your take on Denise’s photos. I was at the Kirk this morning and thought I would try a sketch of it
Nice little sketch Gillian blue skies and sunshine up there 👌 
I’m impressed with you interpretation of Denise’s photos Bari.  I inspires me to go and draw Brunel’s bridge across the Tamar, when I have time.  Gillian, you are also an inspiration with your spontaneous sketching.  I have been working on my rock project today, but I don’t think it will ever get to a finished state.  I used watercolour and coloured pencils, but it is too much like hard work.  I might feel more inspired with rocks in the landscape.

Edited
by Linda Wilson

Nice little sketch Gillian blue skies and sunshine up there 👌 
Bari Marsh on 30/01/2022 19:49:26
We have had storm Malik travel through tail end left yesterday . This is thinking of sunny days to come Bari!!!
Some lovely sketch’s  , I do like the look of those rocks Linda . A pencil sketch of an old barn in a nearby village , did this a couple of days ago , whilst sat in the car. Used artistic license as it has cones and tape around it .
Nice old shed Paul, just back from a walk in Durham Massey to photograph the snowdrops but they're not quite ready,  but the sun is out and the house was in silhouette so did a quick sketch. 
Like your old shed Paul. Likewise I enjoy seeing Bari’s pen and ink sketches. I have picked up my acrylics after a long break from them. It was with the aim of doing something I have never tried before.  Used a board and a painting knife for a impressionistic painting in the style of Monet but probably needs a bit of tweaking. Any thoughts on my experiment?
Definitely a touch of Monet in there Gillian.  Makes me wonder if the palette knife would work on Gouache...
I doubt a palette knife would work with gouache ,it is basically a watercolour paint thickened  ,  acting as body paint without the transparency of watercolour. Acrylic or oil yes.   Happy play Gillian experimenting is what it is all about .will look forward to see a magnificent shed appear Paul.ramshackle is good.. I’ve set myself a challenge, some pics came through this morning from another grandson….I have several .   This is a very scribbly finding out I have just done with a view to painting something proper and big ish.   He is a musician a singer song writer and has been in lockdown as have all performing artists . Though he’s getting good at decorating.   His pedigree is quite good his mum is Sam Brown of Stop fame and his other G Pa is Joe Brown for us golden oldies. His voice is lovely and he’s getting back out there.  So I will see if I can do him and his friend justice.   

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

Well what a pedigree your grandson has , and a very talented artist for a grandma as well.  Like the sketch ant looking forward to seeing it develop.
As you know, I've seen and heard your grandson on YouTube, and think he deserves a MUCH bigger audience for his work - it must be hellishly difficult for performing artists now, thanks to these damn' viruses: I can only hope that he achieves the success he deserves (he and his fellow performers, obviously). The idea of Joe Brown as a grandfather does knock me back a bit: I remember him during a broadcast with Arthur Askey - Joe started to tell a story featuring a 70 year old, and adopted a 'grandad' type voice.   Arthur Askey didn't like that!  "I'm 70, and I don't sound like that!"  My sympathies were with Joe then - who broke up, by the way - but they'd be with Arthur now ... we needn't kid ourselves that 70 or 80 is young, and we're just on the cusp of blooming adulthood, but don't need to be patronized as decrepit, either.  Joe must be at least as old now as Arthur Askey was then - and I bet he doesn't sound like that either.   I know nothing of Sam Brown and Stop - I shall have to educate myself, since bringing myself up to date is a rather large requirement.
Like your old shed Paul. Likewise I enjoy seeing Bari’s pen and ink sketches. I have picked up my acrylics after a long break from them. It was with the aim of doing something I have never tried before.  Used a board and a painting knife for a impressionistic painting in the style of Monet but probably needs a bit of tweaking. Any thoughts on my experiment?
Gillian Cooke on 31/01/2022 15:34:48
My thoughts are - do more like this.  
Showing page 14 of 69