And now September 2022 sketch a day !!( or when you can) and chat.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 69
Well friends are you happy to keep going with our daily sketches and chats. I, for one, really enjoy the prospect of seeing everyone’s work even though we can’t always manage one each day we do have some banter too! 

Edited
by Gillian Cooke

Definitely Gillian, I look a few times a day and really enjoy looking at everyone's sketching and the chat's good too and thanks to you, it will keep going.
Yes Gillian I'm with Denise I do a sketch a day in my journal and pop onto the forum once or twice a day and love the banter...
I’m certainly in , like the banter and the sketches etc. 
Here’s the first of the year. A quick ‘sketch’ using a Christmas present, a Derwent tinted charcoal paint pan set. Think I am going to enjoy using them.
It was your original idea wasn't it Gillian?  Or am I wrong? Whosever idea it was it has been a port of call for me every time I log on.   Here is a half finished pic of Sam done just after Christmas by another grand daughter she is just fourteen.  To be finished the next time she comes to Wales. My coloured pencils on mount boad.  

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

Not sure who started the sketch a day , I think Marjorie was involved at the start but it’s certainly has been a great idea .  I did one every day to start with but tend to be sporadic now mostly down to laziness I’m sure. Your new charcoal pencils sound and look good Gillian. I’m beginning to think  that Evens family breed artist or at least it’s in their genes, that’s a really good drawing of Sam . 
I think you’re right about Marjorie Paul. I joined later and enjoyed it so much that if it wasn’t renewed I started to keep it going. Through the pandemic it has kept body and soul together! So glad you all enjoy it too! Paul the tinted charcoal is in paint pan form and used like water colour
Your granddaughter Sylvia is showing us all up..most of my sketching is not for showing but I try to do a reasonable rendering for my journal . The sketch book is for working out drawings I might take on, have just been looking at Colin's photo of the Castle steps..
I will pass your comment# on to her she  will be thrilled .  
That tinted charcoal looks interesting, Gillian. Wow……Sylvia, another talented granddaughter, that painting of Sam is amazing. 
Here’s a drawing that Daisy (age 12) did, before breaking up from school at Christmas. But she says she won’t be following big sister…..! All Daisy wants to do is dance.
Showing page 1 of 69