And now September 2022 sketch a day !!( or when you can) and chat.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 12 of 69
I've been working on an oil during the day and leaning how to do a bit of drapery in the evening. I'm quite enjoying the drapery.
Lovely sketches Sylv and Paul and Denise.  The old masters were brilliant at drapery,but they used to leave it to the apprentices.  I have always meant to include some elaborate drapery in a painting, but never got round to it.
Great work everyone! Denise, Draping of fabric can be tricky so your  practice will stand you in good stead! In fact it’s pretty impressive! 

Edited
by Gillian Cooke

Bit more doddling
Out of my comfort zone with a new set of gouache paints can't believe the difference from normal watercolours..work in progress 
Interesting Bari! Look forward to seeing it progress. I have never used gouache either. Looking pretty good to me anyway!
Wow Bari, the colours are dazzling, so rich.
I like gouache it’s almost poster paint we used as kids, solid watercolour.  Interesting painting Bari.  This is very much I must sit down and paint something.  I bought these three lemons in Lidl this morning I’m the local Lemon Curd Queen.  The blue is a scarf I’ve worn for over forty years I just love the colour.  I would put this pic in the “ Could do better category”  though it might be a pre paint for a small acrylic .     
I love those lemons Sylvia, would look great in acrylic. I didn't have time to work on the oil painting I'm in the middle of doing today, I've been so busy but I did find time to spot out some of my favourite locations on the way home. I was looking for locations for doing some plein air painting. It's quite a lonely place, you never see any people down there, only large trucks coming and going from the industrial parts of the docks. There are cranes loading scrap and ships with cranes on. It's a scruffy place really. The buildings are interesting down there. I took some photos of things I find interesting but I do really love this place. I must have looked odd and very out of place there, taking photos. When I finish my oil painting, I'm going down there with a chair. I took the photos, so I could study them when I got home and decide what medium might be best, plein air for the thing I want to paint. I'll have to dodge the big trucks though, for sure. Here is a sketch of one of the building I like very much. It's an old storage facility, it's massive and I took the photo on an angle. I might colour it up with some pastel tomorrow night.
Interesting shapes , could almost be made into an abstract. Wrap up well if you do sit outside. 
That does look like an unusual building Denise, good idea for painting Plein air. Do look out for those trucks! Do you have a high viz jacket if you’re going to be in the middle of a working site!? Anyhow, good luck, can’t wait to see it. You’ve reminded me of an old airforce site near here which has hanger type buildings and could be good for painting. Much of it has been redeveloped but I might go and have a reccie next week. 

Edited
by Tessa Gwynne

Nice sketch Denise I do love old buildings, I must do more plein air but will be waiting for the better weather.
Showing page 12 of 69