Brazilian Steam Locomotive 2-10-2 No 201

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 4
The latest work just off the drawing board.  This time a steam locomotive all the way from Brazil. A Rede Ferroviaria Federal SA 2-10-2 No 201. Methinks there is going to be some work involved in doing this one. Sorry not the best photograph to start things off, but hopefully you get the feel for it. Had to take the photo indoors, because it was raining (yep that's right rain!!!) Will try and get a better one tomorrow.
That's a fantastic drawing - there are those who'd buy that, as well as a competed painting - but I'm looking forward to seeing this progress - you could do an ink version of your drawing and I'm quite sure it would sell as prints, it's so good. It rained here, too - thank Heaven: the air is again breathable, and I should be able to sleep tonight rather that just lie there and perspire into my sheets.... unable to sleep and basically feeling as if the end were nigh....
Good to see another train Malcolm, the last one was a beauty. What size is this one? Looks like lots of fiddly detail!
A super piece of art as it stands Malcolm I agree with Robert it would make great prints and cards etc . Looking forward to watching it develop I always enjoy seeing the progress.
Good to see another train Malcolm, the last one was a beauty. What size is this one? Looks like lots of fiddly detail!
Anthony Knight on 19/08/2022 02:05:56
Hi Anth,  This one is huge (well compared to my usual size anyway!!) as it's A3 all bar the small white border which you can see. As you say quite a lot of detail, which as I have said before is a problem of mine.
A super piece of art as it stands Malcolm I agree with Robert it would make great prints and cards etc . Looking forward to watching it develop I always enjoy seeing the progress.
Paul  (Dixie) Dean on 19/08/2022 06:42:01
Thanks Paul, I will be working on this one at the Guild of Railway Artists summer exhibition which starts tomorrow (Sat 20th) at Kidderminster Railway Museum, where I will be spending some days as exhibition steward combined 'artist in residence' so it should hopefully progress reasonably quickly.
That's a fantastic drawing - there are those who'd buy that, as well as a competed painting - but I'm looking forward to seeing this progress - you could do an ink version of your drawing and I'm quite sure it would sell as prints, it's so good. It rained here, too - thank Heaven: the air is again breathable, and I should be able to sleep tonight rather that just lie there and perspire into my sheets.... unable to sleep and basically feeling as if the end were nigh....
Robert Jones, NAPA on 18/08/2022 23:07:21
Thanks Robert,  The Ink drawing idea isn't something I had considered but I am going to give that some consideration as it's a good idea, and something different.  I know what you mean about the recent weather, although it's back to clear blue sky and sunshine this morning, mustn't complain eh!!
Made a start on the Brazilian Steam loco painting last night. Thought I would do something different for a change and start with the background. Now there's a novelty, for me!!
Love the idea and composition. It's a good start. Can't wait to see it done! Go on...
Some more work done yesterday on the areas surrounding the loco and then a start made at the front.
As most of you know by now, and if you don't why not? that I am a bit of a detail junkie (which believe it or not can be really frustrating) so here to show that I haven't changed (yet) is a close up of the front section of the loco showing where I am up to so far. Oh dear the things I do for fun. I don't mind when it works well.
Oh I never realised that Malcolm it would never had entered my head what a shock . The detailing is absolutely brilliant your doing a superb job of it, looking forward to seeing the end result.
Showing page 1 of 4