And now September 2022 sketch a day !!( or when you can) and chat.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 64 of 69
We now have a helicopter circling the hills behind me...  banana and milk time for me .
We seem to get a lot more helicopters circling us than we ever did - maybe it's cheaper than sending police cars but I'm sure the cost of aviation fuel has gone up like everything else. W.r.t. eyes, I was told that your blink rate drops off considerably if you spend a long time looking at computer screens. Speaking as an IT person with eye problems, that's probably true.  Anyway - I drew some Verbena from my back garden as it's one of the few things to survive the heatwave. The rock looks like a dead cat, but I can assure you no animals were harmed in the making of this picture. 
Well there's a happy dead cat Andrew .the Verbena is lovely. Apparently it was a police helicopter on the chase.  Couldn't do it in a car..it is up around Offas Dyke real hill country.
Spent a happy half hour in my neighbours garden being pecked around the toes myself and  two grand kids.  Not gobsmacking amazing but I like hens, didn't appreciate the dollop of mucky stuff on my bag....and nary an egg in sight .
No respect for the elderly, chick-a-bids!   We have the St Catherine's Lighthouse near us, and coastguard helicopters frequently hover over it in the early hours: other things keep me awake, principally that swine Arthur P. Ritis, but coastguard helis don't - I find them reassuring, in that they're looking out for people; t'was the coastguard who, in heavy snow, drove me to hospital after I'd upended in it and broken my wrist; didn't get to go in the helicopter, but was transported in one of their very rugged vehicles over terrain no ambulance could cross: I've positively welcomed anything Coastguardy since then.   I would paint a helicopter, but .......... they move!
Only choppers we get are coastguard and air ambulance!! Totally agree about resting eyesI do have breaks even had a Kip for the last one! No sketch today as working on a painting
Sylvia I just love that drawing of the chucks. I must have missed it in the gallery and that looks good so far Gillian. I agree about eyes, I always have episodes of double vision and blurry eye syndrome but, I'm well use to it. Very annoying when you are trying to do detail. Here is some of my painting, I won't show you the whole thing because it's naked. I'm just thinking about a garment. I'm not looking at anything so I'm building the face as I go along and it will probably look a lot different to this one finished, this is just a base I'm working on. I'll be doing some work on the eyes and the shape of the face today.
Thanks Denise, the chucks didn't make it to the gallery they really are sketchy ,though I took pics and maybe they will evolve.   Your lady is looking good nothing wrong with naked unless it's me .  That sky is looking impressive Gillian. 
Thanks Denise, the chucks didn't make it to the gallery they really are sketchy ,lmftthough I took pics and maybe they will evolve.   Your lady is looking good nothing wrong with naked unless it's me .  That sky is looking impressive Gillian. 
Your chuck drawing is so expressive, well worthy of going on the gallery. It's super.
A lovely painting Sylvia and your painting is coming on beautifully Denise.  My grand son set me a challenge today I had 25 minutes to paint a owl this is the result, not time for feather detailing etc. 
But it’s pretty good Paul. Somehow, without the detail, you’ve got the softness of the plumage.
Showing page 64 of 69