And now September 2022 sketch a day !!( or when you can) and chat.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 6 of 69
Quick tinted charcoal sketch of as street in Stromness 
I do like this one Gillian ,you have caught the “feel” of the street , high buildings , lights and darks. 
Nice one Gillian, you can almost feel the chill factor.
Not a lot going on in Stromness  Gillian can you add a few figures..Nice sketch. 
Using black paper for snowdrops from my garden. Coloured pencil.

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

Everyone is indoors Bari! I will add some next time!!today I took my sister a drive along the west coast of Orkney mainland, this is a tinted charcoal wet sketch of one of the views
Lovely snowdrops Sylvia , and a really good sketch Gillian. 
Sylvia your snowdrops are beautiful. I love using black paper with pastel pencils it really makes the subject pop! I have also used black canvas and acrylics for pet portraits for the same effect. Thanks for your comment Paul
Hi Gillian these are coloured pencils not pastel. I didn’t think they woukd work.  I have never use tinted charcoal your sketches have worked well.  I might try them on black paper as well.
Good use of the pencils Sylvia and Gillian, you are putting the tinted charcoal to good use, it looks very nice to use.
Another page in my pad fir the girls, following a comment from the six year old “ love the big horses grandad , could we have some Shetland ponies please, oh and a donkey as well”. Big smile and a cuddle did it so here are the Shetland's, donkeys are a work in progress. 
Love Shetland ponies love all horses .  These are a delight Paul.     Was sitting in a field sketching a year or so ago my friend had a couple of horses in the field.   Boots the big brown one decided he didn’t like my sketch so he put a big hoof on my book and chomped it.  
Showing page 6 of 69