And now September 2022 sketch a day !!( or when you can) and chat.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 8 of 69
All good stuff folks.  Paul, I think I bought my first car from that dealer!!! Sylvia talks of faffing about.  I started a land/lake-scape at our art group on Friday (first meeting after the break). There was so much chat going on that I couldn't concentrate.  The result (only managed the sky) was garbage, so, after a few days of leaving it alone to sulk, I washed it all off and had another go. Still not sure.  But it's only a piece of paper.
Another sketch from photo I took at the weekend. It’s an old boat winch plus an old float hung from it.
Well there’s a different subject nice shapes and textures Gillian. 
A lovely sketch Gillan and as Sylvia said something different. I’m boring as I’m sticking to old cars ,my default when I’m not able to concentrate etc. old banger left to rot , adapted fro a copyright free photo . Don’t know why the paper looks blue as it’s white, might improve the look anyway.   
I like that Gillian, it certainly is something different. Very good car sketch Paul.
I've been practising sketching necks today, so next time a try a portrait, I'll have a better idea of structure. I will keep on practising here and there till I get it right.
If I remember Denise you were/ are a nurse.  I can see all your anatomy lessons coming good. 
Lots of interesting sketching, and a touch of the Leonardo's from Denise..I've just done a 6ml walk in and around Tatton Park finishing in Knutsford there are some fantastic buildings in the town only had time to sketch one 'the Gaskell memorial tower..
Walked round Widnes while my better half was in the dentist..quick pen and wash in my journal St Paul's Church in the old town centre..
Just a quick tinted charcoal paint wash sketch tonight after a non productive day 
Well you did produce a nice little pic Gillian.  Like the look of your tinted charcoal they are giving interesting results. Here’s my effort I’m going into competition with Bari the Brick …here’s Sylv the Stone. 
Nice little sketch Gillian, love the stones Sylvia will have to up my game...
Showing page 8 of 69