March Forum Challenge

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 11 of 11
Bit busy at the moment, thought I'd have a look here.  Although I've read the book and seen the film, I didn't get Alan's. It seems obvious now...so a good one.  I think Gudrun's is the Master and Margarite, haven't read the book, but saw it on TV a while back...a surreal series, and one that I liked.  I recall the tram business in that...so???
A yes The Book Thief.  I started that once and for some reason got distracted from it.  I shall try again. Lewis, it is indeed The Master and Margarita!  Excellent.  I thought I might have to add the cat ....
This is a watercolor.  It is a story I am busy writing about the Riverine Rabbits in South Africa.  These rabbits are almost extinct.  You only find them in the Northern Cape and due to wild cats and farmers and of course weather conditions their numbers have dwindled to such a stage that it is a worry.  These rabbits do not breed like other rabbits.  They only give birth to one offspring that are born blind and bald and weighs around 30 to 50grams.  They are one of the rarest animals in the world today. Here Riverine and her friend Doep have been chased by a Wild Cat, with their friend Jacobus and he was not so fortunate to get away, but Doep and Riverine managed to jump onto a floating branch heading downstream.
I’m afraid I’m not very good at guessing other people’s, but thought I’d do just one more as my previous ones were easy to guess!  Hope this will be a little more difficult, although maybe not for a science fiction fan!   One of the Dune 'trilogy' books
Jenny Harris on 06/03/2020 19:11:22
This was my entry to my local art society 'My Favourite Book' competition. Any guesses?
Virginia Woolf. To The Lighthouse?
Virginia Woolf. To The Lighthouse?
Tony Auffret on 14/03/2020 11:55:47
Lighthouse is in the title, not quite that highbrow :)
This one has me stumped, Maggie.   But I like your painting.
Same here Maggie. Good painting but no idea of the title! 
This was my entry to my local art society 'My Favourite Book' competition. Any guesses?
Maggie Goodsell on 14/03/2020 11:24:04
A TV gardener wrote the book
Aha! Alan Titchmarsh the Last Lighthouse Keeper?
Well done Tessa, it is indeed the Last Lighthouse Keeper, by Alan Titchmarsh. I probably spent more time researching the type of boat & the flag than I did painting it!
Showing page 11 of 11