September 2022

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 6
Cordelia your link is fine it when people post links to sales sites or irrelevant links that do not meet the guidelines. You are sharing a item that is amusing and pointing it out to others for their entertainment, had it been an infringement either I or one of the other moderators would have removed it . The other times  we would remove something is if it was obscene, a personal attack on a member or just simply rude and offensive  and of course if members complain about the contents. 
Thanks for your reply, Paul as I didn't want to make a faux pas and just thought it would be a bit of light relief.  I do intend to have a go at painting an elephant when I can find one I like the look of.
What Great Images! I love elephants.
Anyone remember the art critic - Ian Lee, I think - telling a contestant in a particularly daft TV show (In it for the Monet, was it?) that "real artists don't paint elephants"?  Idiotic remark, from a man who actually isn't normally an idiot: we all know here that real artists paint what they damn' well want to paint!  
I certainly do Robert. Here is my quick sketch of an elephant.
Lot of "unreal" artists on here at the moment.... nice Ellie ,Denise.
I have meant to comment on other's efforts on this month's subject. (A small heart attack took me out for a while.) Sylvia - Wonderful work on your group of Elephants. I envy your being where these great beasts live. Robert - Looks like the fella is enjoying his bath. Gillian - Your pastels are quite nice. Paul - Your "Pac-man" is excellent. Jenny - I like your "love "birds". They're great. Sylvia - Your style here really conveys that anger. Denise - Love your very colorful interpretation. Manoj - Now, that's color. Sylvia - I'm not sure what "unreal" artists are. Hope I'm not one...
I am sorry to hear this Skylar and hope you are on the road to a full recovery and feeling much better.
Skylar I am sorry, that isn't fun.   Just hope you are on a good road to recovery.   
Sorry you've been unwell Skylar, hope you are on the road to recovery! There's certainly a lot of different styles for the subject this month. Here's my contribution done in brown W&N ink with a steel dip pen and brush. 
Best wishes Skylar - take it easy.
Lots of lovely ellies.  Hope you’re recovered now Skylar.
Showing page 3 of 6