September 2022

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 6
Lucian, Dawn - POL’s online editor - chooses a subject for us to paint each month - there’s no poll - and there’s no voting. It’s not a competition, it’s just done for enjoyment and is known as ‘the monthly forum challenge’.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Read the heading Lucian....it is as it says paint a bloody elephant.  Nice Ellie's everyone....well done .
Read the heading Lucian....it is as it says paint a bloody elephant.  Nice Ellie's everyone....well done . I think Lucian  knows exactly what the position is.   Trolling springs to mind. 
Angry elephants. Done in situ Africa .
Making a few assumptions there, Sylv..... give the chap a chance.  Don't be as angry as your heffalumps...... 
Robert I have. I have directly responded to him in a fair clear manner with politeness and consideration.   He completely ignores anyones attempts  of helpfulness.  Rude in my book.     He is a wind up merchant.   Maybe he has the guts to actually respond .  I doubt it.   Or hopefully ,he will read and understand then join in and be a happy member of the forum.
Apologies to other members if I am a tad cross.  Am off for a while....
We all get cross now and then: don't be off for too long. 
An early acrylic of mine. I like Elephants, they look after each other, have deep social bonds and they mourn loss. I will draw another one for this challenge.
Lucian, Dawn - POL’s online editor - chooses a subject for us to paint each month - there’s no poll - and there’s no voting. It’s not a competition, it’s just done for enjoyment and is known as ‘the monthly forum challenge’.
Jenny Harris on 05/09/2022 14:09:52
Sounds awesome. Thanks for explaining. Maybe I'll partake in the future. Sadly, this month, life issues seem to be getting in the way.
I hope this is not too cheeky but I couldn't resist putting this link on and hope it's not against the website's rules ... it just really made me laugh.  Maybe it could be called The Elephants in the Room ... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11181637/Astonishing-moment-three-ELEPHANTS-wander-corridors-Indian-hospital.html I am happy to delete the link if it's not considered appropriate.  I'll try to paint the elephant if it can keep still long enough.
And my contribution to September challenge with a vibrant Ele, in soft pastels!

Edited
by Manoj Patel

Showing page 2 of 6