October 2022

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 6 of 6
In case of interest, there's a major Mitchell exhibition (and an associated Monet-Mitchell exhibition too) in Paris until Feb. 27, 2023: https://www.fondationlouisvuitton.fr/en/events/claude-monet-joan-mitchell Sadly, I don't have walls large enough to hang any of her works, so it will just have to be the Constable.
This discussion is terrific. I tend to be a representational artist, sometimes going all the way to "pseudo" photorealism. I do admire many artist who present abstract images. So much imagination in them. I just don't have that talent.
An interesting discussion. I recently received a comment on one of my posts that said my landscape was abstract. This confused me a bit as I’ve never thought of my efforts as particularly abstract. When I post items I never tick any of the ‘painting  style’ boxes as I wouldn’t want to create preconceptions or be limited by ‘styles’ . 
Andrew - You have a point. I think I will discontinue my own "Style" selection, as my works are really all over the place.
Showing page 6 of 6