October 2022

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 4 of 6
Beautifully drawn, Mia.
Thank you very much Sylvia and Jenny. I found one more:
Superb drawing Mia . 
Some really good paintings done by you very talented people. One of my favourite artists is Peder Mork Monsted it’s his trees and snow that stand for most people I find his paintings of woodlands streets and ponds just superb. I have often wanted to try one but not in his style simply because I could not do it , this scene comes from a very old faded and worn out photo given by a friend many years ago . I finally decided to have a go but did it my way, it’s the type of scene Monsted would have done well I think so . Watercolour as is my norm .
Is it watercolour Paul? What size is it please. I've never ever tried anything in watercolour, can't explain, but it's probably the only medium I'm avoiding 😉 I do love arts made by others, but I got no feeling to try it myself 😉 I like the water reflecting trees on your art, and that gate behind, and Autumn leaves... It's all making me believe you've painted the place I used walk my dog 😊 Very nice!
I’ve quite a few favourite artists in the abstract style. The first one is influenced by Paul Klee, the second one is influenced by Rothko.
Here’s another Rothko style  Unfortunately the Rothko ones have been chopped at either end!

Edited
by Ellen Mooney

Thank you Art for your comments, the painting is on canvas and is A4 watercolour. I think I have succeeded if it has you thinking about places you have walked . There is a certain amount of fear regarding watercolour it is however more adaptable than people think and can be altered to some degree if your not happy with it . I have even washed most of a painting off and started again. 
Love the Klee & Rothkos, Ellen.  Yesterday I ended up with something that looks perhaps a little Klee-esque, although my initial aim was for a painting more in the style of Thornton Willis' 1969 painting Red Wall.... The central motif attempts to capture the Monument to the 3rd International, designed by Vladimir Tatlin just after the Bolshevik Revolution, planned for Leningrad but never built. Some of you might have caught the model constructed in the forecourt of the Royal Academy of Arts in London a decade or so ago. Acrylic on paper, 25 x 35cm
I like this - I am one of, perhaps few?, who admired Mark Rothko.  (Few on POL at least, though I could be quite wrong.)  I should like to see more of your work.  
I love Rothko's work - I saw a documentary once about how much care and attention he paid to his colour field paintings. My wife doesn't understand what I see in them. Maybe they work on some primeval level, like those books of patterns you provide to babies. Dunno,  but they really work for me. 
Showing page 4 of 6