December 22

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 9 of 9
I’ll tag this onto this thread as a few of you have asked about the sketch books that I use. Stillman & Birn Delta series - they come in a variety of sizes and the soft ivory paper is a delight to draw on. The pages are stitched in, so they won’t come loose and drop out. Great for working on a double spread if you like that elongated format, something that I find particularly useful! It also takes a light watercolour wash. STILLMAN & BIRN : DELTA SOFTCOVER SKETCHBOOK : 270GSM : COLD PRESS : 8.5X5.5IN (14X22CM) : LANDSCAPE

Edited
by Alan Bickley

Not that pleased with this effort, but it can be covered over to have another go. Perhaps use a smaller brush, also. I have used Liquitex acrylic iridescent ink. Think I should have used acrylic paint...? Have a Peaceful Christmas, everyone and a good New Year :)  
Tis interesting Carol not sure where you will put it.....a clever bit of originality. 
I enjoyed the experience of painting it, however, I won't ask for any suggestions of where to put it :) :)  I've put it with my small collection of Ewenny pottery, should raise an eyebrow when/ if it is seen. I really do need to get a duster in there. Thanks Sylvia.

Edited
by Carol Jones

I like it very much Carol.
Thank you, Lewis. I'm hoping my next effort will be a little more refined. I've just read the words on your avatar, as always, a lovely touch of humor. 

Edited
by Carol Jones

Some great paintings posted. An old one of mine but I'm hoping to get a bit of painting done sometime over the weekend with a bit of luck.
Denise Cat on 09/12/2022 16:32:08
I particularly like this winter scene by Denise ('The Cat')' the values are well chosen.  And I like fact that the sheep are looking at me. 
Bought a bunch of Tesco Stock last week the colours are lovely.  Not sure about the overall pic so have cropped bits of it, . Needed something to fling a brush at.

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

An energetic fling, Sylvia. You have netted the essence of the Stock. I say, netted as I like your pen work. 
Thanks again Carol....I enjoy playing. 

Carol Jones on 21/12/2022 18:46:15
A joy to look at, real treasure indeed Carol ;)
Thank you, Pog for your kind thought.
Showing page 9 of 9