August 2023

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 7
National marine week (which is apparently a fortnight!) runs until this Sunday so the wonderful world of sealife seems an appropriate subject for this month's challenge.  If you've got the kids or grandchildren with you for the holidays why not get them involved too and share their underwater paintings and drawings as part of this thread?
This is a painting I did of sailors below deck on a Merchant Navy ship my father served on, he took the picture. Using sepia w/c paint on bockingford.
And another he served on. More 'on the sea' than what lives and grows within it.  

Edited
by Carol Jones

Not a new one, but it fits the challenge.
I painted these orcas for my daughter!
I do like those Gillian...where have you been ? Mine is reflections at Tarbert on the Isle of Harris waiting for the ferry. Memories Carol.

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

Lovely vibrant paintings, Jenny, Gillian and Sylvia. It was always a nice thing to do with my parents to look at the old photos and listen to their stories, Sylvia. Thinking back I do believe the tales were a little taller than they should have been, but good fun.

Edited
by Carol Jones

I like much your water reflection Sylvia. And the other pictures are also great, love the dolphins and the whales.
Very nice, Tanja, your work is always clean and fresh.
thank you very much Carol ! Your pictures are very versatile, it's very exciting to see what you show us and will show us in future; I'm now here every day in the PO :)
This is wild. I started working on this piece a few days ago. I do very few seascape type images. Timing. Appx. 17x22. Corel Painter, Wacom tablet. I used a few diff. refs.to create this calm little inlet.
So Many Wonderful Images, Already!
Showing page 1 of 7