And now September 2022 sketch a day !!( or when you can) and chat.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 68 of 69
THATS a normal Denise....I have an idea ,a concept of what I want to do ,I do it ,sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I think that's creativity and  how it works.. life is never boring.
 Ninety percent of my paintings are done on the hoof so to speak, I have an idea of what I want to do but not exactly how I want to do it . It’s part of the process I think it develops as it goes along with the odd tweaks and colour changes . To be honest I would not want to paint any other way. Your painting is looking really good Denise and will be a superb painting when it’s done . . Love the line and wash Gillian. 
Denise you aren’t afraid to have a go and that’s the best way to learn! I think you are a cracking artist!  
Quiet again! Been playing with pastels this evening 
Also finished this today
Two superb posting Gillian .
Two good pictures Gillian.  
Smashing paintings Gillian.
I've been painting my Granddaughter's bedroom today so here's a sketch I did a day or so ago.  This church is my white whale, I have tried to paint it so many times, but I'm never happy with the result. I did this initially with a blue and vanilla sky but didn't like it so sponged it out, leaving what you see here, which I quite like. So, I'm getting there. Maybe after a few more attempts I'll be satisfied. 
Andrew, I quite like your painting! We are own worse critic!!  I have been playing  with pastels and pastel pencils over the last couple of days s here’s my latest
Very nice sketches Andrew and Gillian. Messing about with white  gel pen , colour pencils and wax pastel 
All very striking Paul. Like you I love using black paper especially with animals. I particularly like the first feather and the big cat!
Showing page 68 of 69