Work in Progress

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 3
We I think it’s finished but I won’t post it on the gallery just yet just in case I think it need tweaking  here it is warts and all.  I not sure of it yet but if I ignore it for the rest of the day and look again tomorrow I will more than likely think it fine. 
It's your painting - but if you want a comment, I think I'd make the ground beneath the heffalump a bit darker: a beast of that size would cast shadow.... and he's a bit on the light-colour side by comparison with the more distant animals.   But I'm also aware of the dangers of overworking any watercolour and don't want to lead you astray.  I won't add any more comment therefore unless you specifically request it!
Thank you Robert I intended  looking at it again tomorrow with a view to making some changes , I will decided then  what to put in take our etc. As you correctly point out watercolour can’t be fiddle with , I will be limited on my options but have several in mind. 

Edited
by Paul (Dixie) Dean

I’m going to leave it alone for another day as I cross with myself for not spotting the obvious things. I really shouldn’t have starts it last week knowing there would be interruptions over the Jubilee and a family party . I will put it down to lack of concentration and then trying to fit in a bit of painting tine , silly mistake to make . 
Marvelous painting of this Elephant Paul, and nice to see the various stages as it encourages us to work steadfastly and your OT will be delighted I'm sure! Well done sir! 
Thank you Angela. I still need to finish it and make a couple of changes but decided to step back for a short while . 
Showing page 3 of 3