African Elephant, WIP

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 3
I like it, I like it..... well done. I also, incidentally, like Loxley canvas board - one of the best you can get.   
Thank you Anjana, Alan I am so flattered by your positive remarks working on a larger canvas was so much better than small ones, I felt I could express myself more,  also Paul and Hilary, great comments from you both and Robert, I've checked out the frame companies you recommended, ezeframe look good, they are now trading under Easy frame. 
Love it Linda. It is a beautiful piece of art. 
Magnificent painting of a magnificent beast Linda! Love the style and application of paint......good job gal!
Thank you all for your much valued comments and for taking the time too look at WIP. Linda 😘
So with trepidation here is progress so far on Jaffa, the bearded dragon (and yes he does smile for the camera).  Your thought, critique, advice would be very gratefully received.  This is my first use of acrylic ink brush pens and although I really like them i still don’t know what I’m doing really.
That’s looking good to me, you have certainly achieved a good skin texture.
Looks like you’ve got to grips with them, a good start. Time for some foreground to be indicated so old Jaffa doesn’t look as though he’s floating. I would keep the background very low key, if anything at all - but you will tell better when you’ve advanced a stage or two further.
Thank you Alan and Paul.  I have just realised I should have put this as a new topic, doh! Going to do that now.
Hi Hilary, I was going to suggest that put it n your own WIP page. It's looking really  good, you seem to have got away with the inkbrush really well, they do take a while to get used to but lovely for projects like this, I use them for cards and small paintings mostly. Keep up the good work!!

This post has been removed as it violates our forum rules and guidelines.

Showing page 3 of 3