Painting Whiskers

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 6 of 6
OK it would make a change from the woolly jumper... Mel. a throwback? Just a simple carnivore...Still say it's great art... Checks Forum code...Kindness? to rats?
Robert I like Rats too but I always wanted a Ferret I like the way they seem to squeeze into places a mouse couldn't...I think you might be able to sit on one and it wouldn't notice...or if it did I imagine a few stitches in a tender place. Hubby has put his foot down to a dog only...you have a lovely painting on your blog post of one of your friends and it's lovely. How do I know domesticated rats?...one of my Daughter's friends is a Vet Nurse and has trailed allsorts through my house including a pair of baby Love Birds which pooped all over the place. One thing I'm pleased about though is that we now know that the family jewels are safe from domesticated rats... (lol) (lol) :D I am making myself a note to phone the gallery tomorrow to find out if the Lucian Freud painting is really hanging there...it's possible it might be part of a private collection...we still have some very rich people here in WA...Janet Holmes a Court is a patron of the gallery but usually cost a fortune if she puts anything on...usually for charity
(lol) (lol) (lol).........oh and welcome!!!!
Welcome Anne. This Lucian Freud thread seems to run and run...or is it the rat that is now the main attraction.
Welcome Ann.Blue you have surely found an interesting subject.All of us have a different view about what make us "tick" in front of this painting, or run away...Fascinating.
Hello and welcome Anne, i'm delighted to have another Freud fan here. His paint is so immensely interesting to look at whatever the motif - and that is only though books etc in my case as i have never seen a real one yet.  
Mel. had pet rats as a child and once earned his living as a 'Lab Rat'...It is a shame that Freud did not do the follow-up painting...the large rat...in a big hand sort of painting...
(lol) (lol) (lol) A big welcome and a wonderful posting which put me into gales of laughter (lol) (lol) Yes we have become rather flippant but hey we are still talking about this wonderful painting and Artist...I've googled him and boy has he done some great work...I'm going to google my Boffin bookshop where they won't look at me with raised eyebrows when I ask for that book...I've got Hubby buying me the Pastel Workbook which we discussed on the pastel thread tomorrow so I'll leave it a couple of weeks before I fleece him again...funny I found the book advertised in one of my Aussie magazines reduced for readers so pleased

This post has been removed as it violates our forum rules and guidelines.

Showing page 6 of 6