January 2020 Challenge

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 5
Just a few days left in the office before Christmas. Just so you all know, I will be off from 4pm on the 19th and back in on January 2nd. So I thought I would set the first challenge for 2020 before I go. It's a New Year poem by Matt Goodfellow which I hope will inspire some more beautiful paintings: Something's moving in, I hear the weather in the wind, sense the tension of a sheep-field and the pilgrimage of fins.  Something’s not the same, I taste the sap and feel the grain, hear the rolling of the rowan ringing, singing in a change. Something’s set to start, there’s meadow-music in the dark and the clouds that shroud the mountain slowly, softly start to part. The 2019 challenges have been brilliant - thanks to everyone who has taken part. I hope you are enjoying seeing examples of your forum challenge work on the new e-newsletters each month. I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very happy Christmas and New Year. Let's see what PO brings in 2020!
Very best wishes and big thanks to Dawn and the POL team for another inspiring and enjoyable year. I hope you have an excellent well-deserved Christmas / New Year, and a happy and creative 2020. At least the worst of the new site implementation will be out of the way! (I'll wish my fellow artists the best of the season when I manage to upload something).
Love the poem.....I don’t get the e newsletters each month they seem to have gone walkies. Have a happy time POL ers.  (Please send me a link to newsletters) .
Hi Sylvia - just go to your account and update your preferences for the newsletters to start coming again.
So sorry cannot find “my preferences “ ......

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

Sylvia, click on My account, open Manage profile, scroll down and tick the relevant boxes.
Thank you Alan....done that and found it was all ticked correctly....another glitch maybe . 
I've checked my preferences and had ticked the newsletter box but I also don't recall receiving any newsletters.
I will see what I can find out in that case!
I’ve got a feeling that my last e-newsletter went into my junk/spam folder. It’s always worth checking.
I don't think i'm receiving any emails either and I have just found 23 comments posted on my greetings card in my junk!!! but no newsletters.
Just reached the same conclusion as Alan! It looks as though both Sylvia and Peter are being sent the emails (9 have gone to Sylvia and 8 to Peter) Think you both opened the one about the TALP competition? Please check your junk/spam folders for the others and add us to your safe senders!
Showing page 1 of 5