January 2020 Challenge

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 5
Linda, you have been sent 7 newsletters, the last one being on December 11. Hopefully they are lurking in your junk folder somewhere.
Thanks Dawn, I will check again, I had been getting them regularly so it might just have been a blip, will take, another look. All the best for Christmas and the New year to all the team.
Don't forget the poetry challenge! Have a great Christmas everyone.
My news letters used to appear in my junk box, but I marked them as 'not junk' and now they flow into my regular mail. The poem is a very visual and sensory image, for parts of the poem this is something I see every day, sheep and misty mountains :) This, I hope, will reflect in my painting.

Edited
by C J

Something’s moving in....... Fabulous poem Dawn. What I pick up from the expressions in the words is ......even though January, the beginning of the year and still at its coldest and darkest, there’s something in the subconscious of all living things. A few extra beats to the pulse, a seed of something new and maybe that seed is of hope. Hopefully, I’ve ticked a few of the ideas from the poem......or, I may have it all wrong! Lol.

Edited
by Fiona Phipps

I think you read it all right Fiona....this is lovely.
I agree with Sylvia, that is lovely Fiona.
Something's moving in, eh......?   You like poetry?  I'll give you a bit of poetry... There'll always be an England Where there's a country lane And hail, and snow, and freezing fog And endless soddin' rain.... Yes, Mr Jones has a hangover.
Thank you Sylvia, Margaret and poor Robert.....perhaps a hair of the dog Robert, not too much tonic?! Each line of the poem brings to mind some shift in the season/air/being, if that’s how you wish to read it. Perhaps being a lover of nature and  the natural world around me, I lean towards that meaning? Looking forward to seeing how others will describe with paint etc, what they get or feel from the words.
That was quick off the mark, Fiona!  It’s a very evocative poem, I’m still thinking about how best to paint it.  I’m also a great nature lover, and have interpreted it much the same as you, a stirring and anticipation of things to come as we head out of the colder months towards spring.
I think you have summed it up right Fiona, looks like we are all thinking alike!! great painting to start it off and Robert I do like your little poem its made me laugh, it reminds me of something my grandad would say!! Enjoy your little tipple and have a very Merry Christmas !!!
I’ll use these wet days as my excuse for being quick of the mark Jenny, as Robert has so eloquently put into his poem....endless soddin’ rain! Thank you for your response, looking forward to seeing your creation. Thanks very much Linda, it will give you something to think about whilst making the bread sauce.....does anyone still make bread sauce at Christmas?
Showing page 2 of 5