January 2020 Challenge

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 5
Something's moving in, eh......?   You like poetry?  I'll give you a bit of poetry... There'll always be an England Where there's a country lane And hail, and snow, and freezing fog And endless soddin' rain.... Yes, Mr Jones has a hangover.
Robert Jones, NAPA on 22/12/2019 14:13:25 Brilliant, Mr Jones, I've had a shed full of the rain, literally. I'll be joining you with that hangover, soon.
Jumping the gun a bit here. My first post for 2020 - Painted this today as I am doing absolutely NOWT for the next few days :) Took this photo three years ago. I like the way these Zwartbles, gathered together when I came into the field to have a look around Oooo! what's going on...
Wow CJ you are quick off the mark.   Misty mountains and sheep....what’s not to like, just like home. Wish I was doing nowt for a couple of days...getting ready for 10. ..

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

Thankyou, Sylvia. Just love the mist when it meanders about the hills. No place like home :) 10! I don't envy you, but no doubt you'll have a great festive get together.
Love your sheep, CJ.  I’ve also had a quiet Christmas so far, and thought I’d make a start on the January challenge.  It’s a very evocative poem, but difficult to interpret some of the more  abstract passages, but I loved the phrase ‘meadow-music in the dark’ so have focussed on that, using Indigo in monochrome.  Not too sure about the music bit, though, and the sheep look rather bewildered by it as well!
A great interpretation Jenny.  I’m still struggling with thoughts.
That is lovely, Jenny.
Morning all, hope everyone has had a good Christmas, that's great Jenny, really thinking hard on this one, hope to get something done over the weekend. 😀
My today’s effort ...sorry no sheep. New beginnings .
You must be pleased with this Sylvia - beautiful!
Sylvia, this is beautiful, so fresh and springlike.
😊Twas so lovely to do....
Showing page 3 of 5