Forum behaviour

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 6 of 6
I don’t really want to involve myself in this thread so I’ll make it short and sweet.  Tanya, please stay, I really enjoy your art.  Eric, you are very skilled digital artist.  Artists have always painted sexualised images of women, but we are now in a new digital age, and new phrases have entered our vocabulary such as ‘body shaming’, ‘social media influencer’ and ‘deep fake’.  I believe we all need to use our integrity when we contribute to this constant stream of material and consider the potential harm it can do, especially to the younger generation. Thank you, POL for your unbiased approach to the problem.
Everyone has different tastes and things they feel are unpleasant. Myself, I have always found it strange that art depicting the ending of lives, wars, battles etc., are more accepted than works which shows the creation of life, i.e sex. It says something about our culture and society maybe.
Tanya please stay. I too have thought of leaving. I too am unhappy with some gallery items but I have to say its for very different reasons.  It is certainly a shame that the site does not have the facility to allow you to block someone so you don't see their images should you choose not to. 
That would be a good idea Collette, if only!
Please stay Tanja. I stopped viewing the gallery for the very reasons you state. Unfortunately it's not possible to add a new category. I removed much of my earlier scribbles as there became a preponderance of that type of work at the time, and I didn't want my work to share the same space.  If I have a bash at oils with an acrylic gesso base I don't consider putting it into both categories, to do so would be spamming I will continue to avoid the gallery.  But I sense a mood of baiting over the last weeks.To ignore baiting is to frustrate it.
Norrette Moore on 13/12/2023 10:31:26
I removed my reply to Norrette as I think I misinterpreted what she meant by avoiding the gallery. Unfortunately you can't seem to just delete.

Edited
by Sandra Kennedy

Everyone has different tastes and things they feel are unpleasant. Myself, I have always found it strange that art depicting the ending of lives, wars, battles etc., are more accepted than works which shows the creation of life, i.e sex. It says something about our culture and society maybe.
Rikard Lindby on 13/12/2023 12:51:25 Mindful words, Rikard, they brought a gentle smile to me this morning.
Tanja, stay with us. Your paintings have given many of us a lot of pleasure. You have brought something different to the forum and gallery. The images in the gallery are only thumbprint size, if any of us don't like what we see, don't open the larger picture, just pass it by. There are so many wonderful works of art in there, DO NOT cut off your nose to spite your face, as the saying goes. On the internet there are hundreds of Anime drawings and paintings some of these are eye wateringly erotic, the youngster not only have access to these they spend hours copying them, to hone their art skills. So why as adults do we take offense at particular images within the gallery. Please have a look at the Anime images, and then say there's a problem, here.  Leaving solves nothing, I've done it. 

Edited
by Carol Jones

Showing page 6 of 6