Chinese New Year

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 4 of 4
I will keep my fingers crossed that it come off and you get a place Denise .
Yes, me too.
Here is some of the work I did in the workshop today. It was what I expected. Basic but all the ground roots to get familiar with. Plenty of practice and I know how to hold the brush correctly. I've never worked on rice paper and found it blurred things, so takes some time getting use to. No coffee breaks and a half hour lunch break, so pretty fast paced and the time went quickly. I have come away with a bit more understanding of Chinese brushwork and will continue with it alongside everything else I practice.
They are excellent Denise , sounds like it was a good day . 
Excellent Denise, and some interesting work produced.
Lovely work, Denise, loving your panda, and your script.

Edited
by Carol Jones

Super start Denise, and I'm glad you are holding the brush correctly.  It does give control
Wow!!! I'm amazed Denise!!! What a great adventure exploring Chinese art ♡♡♡

Edited
by PogArt MasSter

Thank you everyone. Your support, thoughts and comments are always appreciated.
Well done Denise some lovely work in a new medium and style
Denise - these are fantastic, and all the more so because you've tackled this method in the traditional way, adopting its disciplines: you've not tried to over-adapt it to an easier approach (if you understand what I mean by that: it can be hard to convey meaning in mere words!).  I'm still looking on my groaning bookshelves for a guide to this sort of painting, and quite possibly I sold it because I couldn't do it.... If I find it, I'll recommend it.  Not that you need much by recommendation.  There's a LOT of stuff on YouTube, though, if you can find it - absolute delicacy of touch, with strong inks, seems to be at least part of the secret. 
Thanks Gillian and Robert and I do know what you mean Robert. I tried to keep it as traditional as possible even using Chinese ink. For me, it's important to know the history and development and try it rather than imitate it. I will be looking forward to the 10 week course once it's available.
Showing page 4 of 4