September 2022

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 6 of 6
Mia, I really like this version with less lines but of varying strength, it has a lovely graphic quality to it.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

You just got it in Mia. Lovely clean lines.   Will you take it any further ? 
Thank you very much Jenny and Sylvia. No Sylvia, I don’t think it is possible without loosing the recognizability of his shape and position. Do you? Challenge? :) Mia
When you've said what you needed and wanted to say - generally speaking a good idea to stop (before you press on, and make a muck of it!).   I like your calligraphic heffalump, though could not have resisted just indicating the continuity of the trunk - such is the completist in me; the desire for the last word...  but it works well. 

Edited
by Robert Jones, NAPA

No Challenge Mia.  It's a lovely drawing....
A great technique Mia! When I do a drawing for a watercolour I often rub out as much as I can but still retaining the essence of the image. I find it helps with the lost and founds...Love your elephants.
Just caught up on this.  A very fine drawing Mia.  This minimal style is a fabulous style of drawing, but so difficult to do, as Jenny said, a different weight of line is needed for it to work...as you've done in your excellent drawing. One of my favorite artists, an exponent of this style of drawing, is the great American cartoonist Al Hirschfield.
Thank you Steven and Lewis for your positive comments. Yes, Lewis, I looked him up and his work really is fantastic. So minimalistic and yet every person is recognizable. 
Showing page 6 of 6