September 2022

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 6
Another month over already! September 22 is Elephant Appreciation Day so let's fill the forum with paintings and drawings of these fabulous creatures.
Not sure if I did these in Kenya or Zambia.   Sat in a truck watching these gorgeous creatures.  Lots of sketches then did this back home.
I have an elephant cartoon, which featured on a card for my landord's birthday - I forget the context now.  Be advised, this is not great art. 
Love elephants! I did mine earlier this year. Pastel pencils on black paper
Elephant orgy  beginning to happen....nice ones Robert and Gillian.  

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

One I did earlier, my first attempt at an elephant l have done quite a few since but this is my favourite one .  I will try to do another for  elephant appreciation day. 
Good job, everyone! I'm impressed. What are the rules of this monthly challenge?
Love elephants, these are a couple of my elephant paintings.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

No particularly rules Lucian, you do a painting of a elephant or elephants post it here there will be a different subject next month .  It done for fun and to offer a challenge it is really interesting to see the different styles and materials used . 
Read the heading Lucian....it is as it says paint a bloody elephant.  Nice Ellie's everyone....well done .

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

No particularly rules Lucian, you do a painting of a elephant or elephants post it here there will be a different subject next month . 
Paul  (Dixie) Dean on 05/09/2022 12:29:05
Who gets to choose the subjects? Is there a poll for next month's subjects where we get to vote?
No it always set by the painters on line team , work really well and gives those who want to take part the opportunity to try so they may not have tried before. 
Showing page 1 of 6