November 2023

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 4
Last month's challenge was fantastic. What a clever lot you are! So now it's November - not sure how we got here but it is - and for this month's challenge let's think fire and paint any subject but only using the hottest colours in your palette.
Not new but a recent oil that I never posted! Fiery Winter Sunset on board 40x50cm.

Edited
by Alan Bickley

What a great start to warm us up on a cold wet day!
I’ve recently posted this on the gallery, but the hot colours seem to fit the challenge.  (My ALIM entry for this year.)

Edited
by Jenny Harris

An oldie from me 
I think this challenge will have a lot of participation... Here is one I named "Gaza"
This is my Bonfire on the Beach which I just put on the gallery. Painted over another abandoned small board!

Edited
by Tessa Gwynne

An oldie from me, fire.
Only just seen these super paintings it's cold ,wet and miserable out there so this one of mine is a golden ...dig out. It was in the Namib desert.
The weather is the same here Sylvia, but looking at these bright and warm paintings has taken away the chill. This is an old one from me, done for a POL paint in the style of VanGogh competition some years ago.
An old one. Acrylic on canvas 30 x 40 cm 
Not the most cheerful subject I could have resurrected, but - it's fire all right: a memory that's very unlikely to die in the the minds of people living here on Niton Undercliff.  This was the death of Puckaster Close: a pastel done within hours of the fire.
Showing page 1 of 4