November 2023

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 4
Might help if you could actually SEE it, I thought.... 
Wow, everyone these are wonderful depictions of fire. Robert I find yours eerie. In the bottom right window, looks like a person holding a knife/candle?
Another winter sunset from me! I don’t think I’ve posted it before. Oil on board 40x50cm
So many Superb Images, so far!
This is the oil version of the olive tree…
Last one, I promise! “ Autumn Flame”
Carol - I see that now: I don't think I did at the time... 
I'm glad you see it, Robert. We don't always see things within our paintings as we go along or when viewing the final work. It is fascinating what we observe  when we look into a painting. It really drew in for a closer look.
Lovely work, Marjorie, keep posting, love that tree. Is it an old common Ash?
Carol - donkey's years ago, I used to look deep into the flames of our old coal-fired boiler, and saw trees, faces, landscapes.... I'm sure my mum thought I was mad.  But then - she couldn't pass running water - looking down from a bridge, looking into the swirls and eddies, it was all she could    do to stop herself jumping in (which would have been a mistake, since she swam like a brick).  Movement, plus light - especially flickering light - can create images in our brains; I was quite, and am now very mildly, epileptic (they still won't let me drive, probably wisely): this all makes far more sense to me than it might to some.  
Marjorie I love your Autumn Flame. 
Lovely work, Marjorie, keep posting, love that tree. Is it an old common Ash?
Carol  Jones on 02/11/2023 16:55:06
Carol, it’s a centuries old olive tree in the Valley of the Temples in Sicily. I hope that hasn’t disappointed you.
Showing page 2 of 4