March 23

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 7 of 7
Awe....such lovely sentiments,  being a mum of four I appreciate your rose.  It's great. Thank you.  Now get a real flower and have a go at that, the world is full of daffodils at the moment.  I dare you. 
Awe....such lovely sentiments,  being a mum of four I appreciate your rose.  It's great. Thank you.  Now get a real flower and have a go at that, the world is full of daffodils at the moment.  I dare you. 
Sylvia Evans on 20/03/2023 08:07:21
I haven't seen any daffodils so far up here, I'm afraid. I enjoyed doing the rose and I also enjoy drawing and painting from real life, which I've occasionally done. So I'll keep an eye open for a nice daffodil. Are they your favourite? Or are daffodils the theme for this thread?
Dayn Sayth - we've got snowdrops, primoses, daffodils, blackthorn so far.  I confess to finding daffs a bit predictably blatant, but drawing my curtains aside this morning to be met with a display of primroses, themselves awakened by the rain, was really rather special.  (And daffs do vary - there are several varieties, some subtler than the others - it's the sudden shock of bright yellow that I find a bit intimidating: daffs are, for the most part, not very subtle.)
Dayn Sayth - we've got snowdrops, primoses, daffodils, blackthorn so far.  I confess to finding daffs a bit predictably blatant, but drawing my curtains aside this morning to be met with a display of primroses, themselves awakened by the rain, was really rather special.  (And daffs do vary - there are several varieties, some subtler than the others - it's the sudden shock of bright yellow that I find a bit intimidating: daffs are, for the most part, not very subtle.)
Robert Jones, NAPA on 20/03/2023 20:00:00
I agree with you about daffodils. Same goes for sunflowers, amaryllis and many others. I would like to do a daffodil though, for the practice and because I always (almost) accept a dare! We're 610 ft above sea level here in Addiewell. It's heather, bracken and conifer country, so I don't expect to see many daffodils any time soon. We're close to the Almond valley, where daffodils do grow. It has an abundance of garlic too, because the Romans camped near there. I suppose I could go down there with my sketchpad.
Showing page 7 of 7