February 2021 Challenge

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 4
I know we still have a week left of January (why does Jan always feel so long?) but, while the weather is cold and frosty and some parts of the country have had snow, here is your February challenge. Create an abstract painting based on the patterns of snow and ice. Hope you enjoy something a bit different this time.
This really is a challenge, I'll have to get my thinking head on for this. Abstract is so difficult.
Good challenge! Would love to paint abstract and never quite manage it. No excuses now.
This sounds like fun, something totally different to try.  (Another challenge already - doesn’t time fly when one day’s much the same as the last!)
Well, I thought I would give it a go, here it is, it was fun, I will try something else before February is out, was just having a try.

Edited
by Denise Cat

love abstract, I made a DVD many years ago about starting abstracts, still have some. Here is one I did based on wind and sails.
I did this a while ago, but think it fits the challenge - it was done on Claybord using cling film with acrylic ink.  Will also try a new one.
Some lovely paintings...
Great interpretations so far, I have no idea how to start this🤔
I did this one yesterday while I had the acrylics out but forgot to post it.
Dawn I think this may be a popular theme, it has certainly got me thinking and experimenting, thank you. Already some super interpretations of the theme. I thought about ice layers for this one.....I turned it all ways, can’t make my mind up which looks the most convincing. Does it have to be convincing, being abstract, I suppose not.
Ooh, love the posts so far!  Suspect this might be another one I don't quite getting round to entering - have been great themes but I'm neither imaginative or good at abstract, however enjoying seeing everybody else's efforts ....
Showing page 1 of 4