August 2023

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 6 of 7
Oh, just love those ships at sea paintings, Jennifer. Lovely work. Right up my street. 

Edited
by Jim Morris

My August maritime effort is but a small and modest thing, compared to all of yours: but I was determined to get something done for the August challenge, as I hardly ever do respond to the challenges.  So (hoping this will work) here's a scanned watercolour.  
I really like the palette here Robert, the suggestion of pink throughout is a great touch.
Nice to see you have managed to take part in the challenge Robert I am a sucker for a pink sky and a seascape not to mention a light house! You may have gathered that I really like it!
A beautiful sky Robert and I also like a lighthouse. Great scene.
I like this very much Robert, especially the sky. Can just picture walking up that path to enjoy the view, I like a stormy sea.
I didn't think I'd got anything suitable when I saw 'sealife' but as other people are posting ships I thought I'd join in.  I'd love to be more involved with the monthly challenges but as I don't paint flowers, butterflies and such like it's been a bit difficult. Sorry, don't mean to be negative, just feeling a bit down at the moment.

Edited
by Peter Smith

This weather is enough to get anyone down, Peter, we all have different reasons for feeling this way, life is a challenge on times. Your sails are full of sea breeze giving the ships passage a dramatic edge. I hope you too will be will soon have your zest back. Happy Painting, Peter.
You're right Carol....in fact looking at Lew's pictures has given me an idea already!
Lots of smashing work in this challenge thread. Lew's paintings are always a delight to view, he also has a keep perception of wit when composing the text to go with them. Look forward to seeing your next painting, Peter. 
You shouldn't have encouraged me Carol! I blame Lew..................
Bold work, Peter. I like your colour choice. I've just found a mermaid's purse I kept from a trip to Cardigan Bay, many years ago. It has an indent of the baby shark. I'll sketch it and pop it in for your little mermaid.
Showing page 6 of 7