Favourite paintings: April - PORTRAITS

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 6 of 7
I’ve just stumbled across this challenge, on page six already. Can’t believe I missed it! Some really fantastic work. I’ll get rummaging tomorrow, not something I’ve done much of.
These are drawings of my parents I did a long time ago, pencil for dad and conte crayon for mum. Both from photos. Not my thing although I have done one or two which are on my gallery. Somewhere I have a selfie, I’ll have to rummage through all my old sketch books
Both are lovely Katy
Thank you Heather😊
Two lovely portraits Katy. Hope you'll join the young selfie challenge. I'll be looking for a suitable one, just finished painting walls!
Thank you Marjorie. I’ll see if I can find it x
My only 'younger' selfiie portrait is my profile pic!
Why not recreate one? That's what I'm intending. I bet you have loads of photos of your younger self.
Yes, I do.... but I didn't like being photographed when I was younger (I don't give a monkeys now), so in most of them I am pulling an unnattractive expression! 😂 My profile pic-selfie-portrait is from 1989. I was about 22, and had just quit university! 

Edited
by Helen Martell

First of the self-portrait challenges are now in the gallery https://www.painters-online.co.uk/gallery/painters-onlinet/young-self-portrait-challenge/ Good luck with the guessing!
I have trouble navigating this forum and have only just found this topic. Some great work on here - I have always been interested in painting portraits. Here's one I did a couple of days ago (despite the wrong date). It's of someone that belongs to a painting group that I belong to on Flickr and Facebook. This is done with water soluble graphite pencil in my A4 sketchbook. It was done a bit quick, so not very defined.
Showing page 6 of 7