Multi postings on the Gallery.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 7 of 7
Martin I agree with everything that has already been said, like you most people want to get there work out there I certainly did.  Alan makes a good point often when there is a multi posting you tend to blank out some of the work , build up your gallery nice and steady and you will receive some good feedback and comments. Your artwork is really good and a pleasure to see, don’t even imagine that you are in the same category as the person that multi postings was aimed at , your far above that in your work. Keep them coming and do join us in the forum it’s alway good to have different views and it helps us that have been at it for some time to remember basics and other people stages of development. Thank you for taking the time and the thought of posting your apology though its definitely not needed. 
Sincere thanks to all those who have responded so promptly with words of clarification and support regarding my interpretation of the multiple posting issue. I am most appreciative. Kind regards to everyone - Martyn
Hi Martyn ! Totally agree with everyone who has commented in answer to your apology you have absolutely no need to say sorry! Do join in on the forum if you get a chance!

Edited
by Gillian Cooke

Have just looked up your work Martyn on the Gallery and really like it a lot. Will be watching out for your paintings now. It looks as if you've come a long way if you only started in 2021. Keep learning and experimenting. Just one little suggestion, what about a photo either of you or of one of your paintings to go beside your posts in the forum? It can be uploaded into the "my account" section, and would tend to "personalise" you. 
Many thanks to Gillian and Sandra for your additional comments; I have added a small profile picture to my account (it is of Tessa, our beautiful Labrador)
Brilliant pic Martyn this site abounds with dog lovers....my dog wrote a book . 
Looking good Martyn. Much better than the generic which also didn't show your name either. Now we know you have a beautiful black lab, tells us something about you straight away.
I actually know Michael or 'Whoosh' as we call him. I'm an admin at the Windows site you found some of his posts at (my nic is Kemical). We also had a similar issue with Whoosh's over zealous posting but thats another story. Michael is 73 and recently started suffering from Ataxia, which I think is when you lose your balance? Anyhoo Michael or should i say whoosh told us at the windows forum that he'd started messing around with AI created art.  At first it all seemed innocent enough but on seeing the images I actually told whoosh to be careful about using copyrighted work.  I'm not sure he took any notice.. I don't think he truly understood how upsetting this could be to other artists or that manipulating someone else's work isn't actually painting. I'm still not sure he gets it? All I can say is that I've known Whoosh to be a really nice guy and it's just really sad that it's come to this.. I'm not sure he purposefully set out to deceive people but i do think he didn't realize the seriousness of it all..
That's interesting Ross, we were all relieved to see the back of him.  Actually I am ten years older also with health problems.  I know other who are tad getting on a bit.   May be if he picked up a pencil and paper and did it the hard way he could come back and enjoy.   I'm the one he posted a pic of called  "The Stalker". 

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

I'm not up to speed on everything that's happened but that sounds awful. I'm sorry I didn't really want to open old wounds and probably best if i'd have just kept my mouth shut. You had all moved past this and here's me bringing all back up again.. Again apologies and please lets move on.
Don’t worry Ross your were not aware of the problems caused , he was exposed for posting AI paintings and out and out lying.  I will now lock this thread so it ends the unfortunate incident. 
Showing page 7 of 7