TALP 2023 judging

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 3
Congratulations and well done to those selected this year. Not successful myself this year but always love to see those in the exhibition and online. Such a lot of very talented people out there! 
Congratulations to all those who achieved success, and particularly to those who entered without success.
Hearing your feeling of deflation Bobbie, I am reminded of Rudyard Kipling's words, "if you can meet with triumph or disaster and treat those two imposters just the same", which I always try to bear in mind. While it is lovely to be selected and sometimes disappointing not to be (I have experienced both), the main thing for me, as others have said, is the actual  process of painting.  Putting myself 'out there' is a personal challenge and if I decided to become a recluse (which is always on the cards for me) then I would still have the painting process which is finally all that matters.  The art world is a strange beast and selection is based on various criteria and that includes an element of subjectivity. So yes, well done to those selected and well done to those who entered and were not selected this time. Keep on twinkling because you are all stars to me.
I'm afraid I'm a reject as well....but this site is so lovely I always think of us as being an arty family and just happy for all you successfully members.....  Yay well done.  😊
I'm afraid I'm a reject as well....but this site is so lovely I always think of us as being an arty family and just happy for all you successfully members.....  Yay well done.  😊
Sylvia Evans on 04/05/2023 16:27:16
That’s lovely. Don’t think of it as rejection but ‘not selected this time’ 
I don't mind not being selected but I do resent being charged so much for the privilege!
I’m taking part in an exhibition in Sheffield later in the year (not a competition, but has a selection process). You only have to pay for any that are selected, and not for those that aren’t.
Well done all!  Brush strokes on canvas, colors in hand Heart and mind on a creative stand A competition decides, but worries aside For the joy of creation is the real prize. Guy
Well done to those who succeeded, commiserations to those who didn't. -  we all enjoy your work.
I too, am a reject and as an abstract painter, I always expect not to chosen. One day, perhaps I’ll smash the glass ceiling, you’ve got to be in it to win it. Don’t be downhearted Bobbie, keep painting and doing what you enjoy. I think Diane has summed it up with the words of Rudyard Kipling. Well done to the ones who’ve been chosen. 
To me there are no rejects I think your all winners for having taken part in the first place. A big factor is what the judge likes and no doubt their preferences have a influence on their choices. Your paintings were good enough and with different set of judges they could well have been chosen,  the experience you gained from the beginning of your painting to the final sending it off is worth so much . Heads up brush in hand and keep producing great artwork, and don’t be put off. I personally don’t enter competitions simply because I don’t enjoy taking part or the whole process , but I do admire you artists that do .
Showing page 3 of 3