TALP 2023 judging

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 3
I've had one selected too - congrats to everyone and thank you TALP!
I made it through too - well done to those that made it and commiserations to those that didn’t. 
Well done all!
Congratulations and well done to you all.
Congratulations Michael (and I'm not a bit gobsmacked seeing such a beautifully detailed work), Helen, Diane, Yvonne, and Jenny for your linocut. And Andrew and Heather too.

Edited
by Sandra Kennedy

Congratulations to everyone whose work has been selected (and commended). Thanks to the cost of living crisis, I struggled to justify the entry fee this year, but I still entered with high hopes.  I enjoy what I do and I'm proud of my work, but I'm feeling a bit deflated this morning.  I've had 4 unsuccessful goes at entering, so I should probably accept that it isn't good enough.  
I'm the same Bobbie; spare a thought for us also rans folks.
I rarely visit the forum but wanted to say a big congratulations to everyone who entered whatever the outcome. Without such diversely there wouldn’t be a competition and of the few works chosen there are hundreds of beautiful pieces with so much merit . ‘Good enough’ is so subjective and I’d be so sad to think that anyone’s confidence was crushed. Art, to me is to be enjoyed primarily by the artist in its creativity. Each mark is made with emotion and purpose. We are privileged to be surrounded by such artistic skill and passion 
Well said Diana. I wonder how many entries there are each year - there must be hundreds!
Hear hear to the above - I've always told myself if one person likes my work, then I've succeeded but Diana is right - if you are happy with what you have created that is definitely enough. And to just keep going for that reason alone .. 
Well said Diana. I wonder how many entries there are each year - there must be hundreds!
Marjorie Firth on 04/05/2023 11:16:12
I expect there are 
Showing page 2 of 3