Portraiture... (attempt) *SUSPENDED

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 5 of 5
I just don’t understand the point or purpose of AI generated comments / fake people. What is it supposed to achieve? Is it something that POL have bought into, to boost postings? Or just some thing completely out of POL’s control?
A good question, Helen. AI algorithms are sets of instructions that allow computers or devices to learn and make decisions on their own by gaining knowledge from data and interaction.  Another step in the process of computer science. Taking into consideration the amount of data we present on line either through a computer or a smart phone for pleasure, banking or business details, are these details being use for AI purposes, and more to the point do we really know who is viewing it all.
It's not just POL Helen, these damn things are on every forum I visit. Reviews on Amazon are full of them. I believe the purpose is to develop a natural language response. In the not too distant future we won't be able to tell the difference. Its worrying.  
Yes, here in French-speaking Switzerland a weather presenter did her job every day and no one noticed that this was/is an AI. Source: here
Some news presenters have said they sometimes use AI in conjunction with their own research, to speed up their reports. It is already being used in the NHS  and schools, all educational outlets will follow form. We have well passed the point where it is avoidable. That's scary.
Same goes for some national daily newspapers, we’re reading a mix of traditional journalism with AI…
Showing page 5 of 5