Inspiration from Artists Week 70 : Mary Grierson and Maurits Cornelis Escher.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Incredible imagination, not to mention skill! I’ve done a fair few woodcuts over the years and I can tell you that it’s very difficult! And I was doing basic stuff! Cherry wood is what I was using, and it’s very hard indeed! I recognise several of his most popular works from Jenny’s selection above, they have been in print form for some years now, they’re just so interesting!

Edited
by Alan Bickley

Thanks Jenny for reminding us of M.C. Escher's work, he was such a superb and original graphic artist -
and another one:
Fabulous aren't they.
Where to start with those Mary Grierson botanical paintings, just so beautiful.   I have come late to these paintings, they really are a joy.   I love my flowers.  Often  with botanical  studies I find them informative and well observed.  But these are little  works of obseravation  and are imbued with life.  Thanks for the choice Jenny...did you note the lady was a101 when she died. I think your book is a delight Paul. Great find. M C Escher  I've known some of his works for a long time , I have always thought he must have had a strange mind.   I can appreciate the artistry and they are clever.   But I wouldn't want one.  MC Ed
Sylvia, can’t take credit for introducing Mary Grierson -  that was Paul.  Agree with you re Escher, his work is fascinating, but wouldn’t want to live with it, with the exception perhaps of the lovely White Cat.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Ha...thank you Paul.   Yes I like the white puss as well..  
And a few more of his….
Next weeks artist will be : Jenny McCabe and Alan Owen I will open the thread on Sunday evening .  Thank you all for your comments and support . 
Showing page 2 of 2