Inspiration From Artist Week 104 : Edward Bawden and Phillippe Janin.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 3
Good choice, I love the vibrant colours.  I found this one with figures at the market:
 Vibrant colours indeed, but it's a difficult line between them adding to a painting or just taking over and being garish...and we'd all draw that line in different places.  I was taken by this painting of Janin, not sure whether it was the 'vibrant' colour or that it reminded me of Van Gogh.  Perhaps both.

Edited
by Tony Auffret

A few I selected I’m not  sure about his work as it doesn’t appeal to me a lot but then in very selective in what I like in oil painting particularly. These I quite like out of the many I looked at , what I do like is the varied options and that it enables me who knows so little about oil paintings to look and learn.

Edited
by Paul (Dixie) Dean

Just bringing this one up again in case anyone else would like to comment…..

Edited
by Jenny Harris

I like the brush work and colour of the chickens, but compositionally it doesn't quite work. So my favourite is the house in the landscape, which improved on second look.  Third from the bottom. I'd have been very happy creating that.
Like the Janine work a lot particularly the hens and the green-based landscape.  

Edited
by Jim Morris

Showing page 3 of 3