Hello!

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 2
As I have been on this site for over 2 months now, I thought I should introduce myself. Really though, I just want to express my gratitude. I have found everyone on here to be friendly, supportive and generous with their feedback. There are so many talented artists on here as well as beginners like me and I really enjoy looking at all the work. So a big thank you to everyone, including those who manage the site itself. So much I could write, but will just say I am 64 and I live in  the West Midlands and work part time as a counsellor. I have always had an appreciation of art and now it is my daily companion.
Welcome aboard, I'm sure you'll find all the advice and support you need on here. Look forward to seeing your work in the gallery.
Welcome Diane, it a very friendly site both here and in the gallery, lots of advice if you want it too. Had a look at your gallery and you have some nice work in there.
Welcome Diane, you’re producing some really interesting work with a different style, I’ve been impressed and have commented as you will know. I’m also in the WM at Stone, surroundings by some lovely countryside, although I’ve not been out and about as much of late.
As I have been on this site for over 2 months now, I thought I should introduce myself. Really though, I just want to express my gratitude. I have found everyone on here to be friendly, supportive and generous with their feedback. There are so many talented artists on here as well as beginners like me and I really enjoy looking at all the work. So a big thank you to everyone, including those who manage the site itself. So much I could write, but will just say I am 64 and I live in  the West Midlands and work part time as a counsellor. I have always had an appreciation of art and now it is my daily companion.
Diane Boswell on 24/09/2020 20:49:29
Hello Diane, I am new here. I have found the site very useful. I am also a beginner. I loved your painting Trauma. I have just started commenting on other artist's painting but I don't feel I have the experience really, to make any comment's as I have only been painting for 5 months with no previous experience. I do know what I like visually though regardless of my lack of knowledge of technique and technical skill. I have picked up some very good tip's already and like you, have found everyone very friendly. Denise.

Edited
by Painful Painter

I don't think it's necessary to have heaps of experience or be a professional to comment (I'm only a beginner) lbecause if we like something we like something and it's really good for everyone to receive nice comments wherever they are on their art 'journey'.  But it's true that or two people on the site are very very good indeed and with years of experience so when you receive a 'well done' from them it's extra encouraging and supportive.   Look forward to seeing more of your work.
I don't think it's necessary to have heaps of experience or be a professional to comment (I'm only a beginner) lbecause if we like something we like something and it's really good for everyone to receive nice comments wherever they are on their art 'journey'.  But it's true that or two people on the site are very very good indeed and with years of experience so when you receive a 'well done' from them it's extra encouraging and supportive.   Look forward to seeing more of your work.
Heather Love on 25/09/2020 10:50:30
Hi Heather, you are quite right, I think I lack confidence commenting but I am starting to comment more on other peoples work. My granddaughter is staying over tonight but when she goes in the morning, I have got the whole weekend to paint. My head is so scrambled I have so many things I want to try that I haven't done yet. Seascape, cityscape, building, barns, I don't no where to start. I will probably do something totally different. I guess all artist's are the same, always having so many things they want to do and having difficulty, deciding, which to try first. Denise. I can't wait for the weekend.
Hi Denise and Diane, its a really friendly community on the forum, its always strange at first commenting on other peoples work but you will get used to it. Its a great site to ask advice and help from the experts. So happy painting to you both!!
Hi Denise and Diane, I too had confidence issues about commenting when I started, I didn’t have the vocabulary either being an untrained amateur, but I’ve got the hang of it now. Just can’t keep up because there is so much super work coming through!
Thank you all for your responses.
Hello again In the case of a whole string of replies such as above, is there a way of replying to an individual post without requoting that post?
Unfortunately not! But you could start with a name followed by your message... that’s the normal way for many of us Diane.
Showing page 1 of 2