The Artist Summer 2019
Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
The original practical magazine for all artists - packed with inspiring features - since 1931!
On Sale: 21/06/2019
Why Not Subscribe?
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine by taking out a great value subscription.
What's in this Issue?
- In Conversation - Susie Hodge discovers the working methods of James Bartholomew
- Mark David Hatwood discusses how to protect your work online, and what can and can't be done about copyright infringement
Practical painting and drawing:
- Aine Divine shows how to paint a side profile portrait in watercolour
- Use texture paste to add interesting foregrounds to your acrylic landscapes with Carole Baker
- Paul Talbot-Greaves shows how to paint a field of yellow rapeseed in just five stages using acrylic
- Learn to paint flowers fast in watercolour with Trevor Waugh
- Mark Fennell describes how he documented the effects of 18-weeks of chemotherapy in a series of self-portraits
- How to paint summer strawberries in acrylic with Tim Gustard
- John Threlfall explains why he finds pastels ideal for painting wildlife subjects
- Discover colour temperature and tone when choosing colours for painting animals with Ruth Buchanan
- Focus on the colours of skies and clouds as Martin Kinnear paints fine-weather landscapes
- Geoff Hunt discusses his two approaches to capture busy street scenes
- Develop a sketchbook habit with Jenny Wheatley
- Jenny Aiken shows how to paint big skies
- Discover Jackson's Handmade Linen Boards with Clare Bowen
- The Art World
- Your views
- Art Books
- This month's PaintersOnline Editor's Choice Award