Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
Print your own Christmas cards, see award-winning entries to our 90th anniversary front cover and TALP Open art competitions, try oil and cold wax painting techniques and much more!
On Sale: 29/10/2021
See the latest subscription offers!
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine and secure the lowest price with one of our great value subscription offers.
What's in this Issue?
- Gareth Brown, winner of The Artist Award in the 2020 Royal Society of Marine Artists' annual exhibition, talks to Susie Hodge
- Peter Brown shares his experiences of painting through the Covid-19 pandemic
- Sarah Edmonds reports on how artists can survive a crisis such as the Covid-19 pandemic
- Mike Barr shares the importance of lost and found edges for keeping your viewers' interest
Practical painting and drawing:
- Robert Mee demonstrates a colourful harbour scene in watercolour
- What is realism? Carl Knibb explains how he paints realistically but without to much detail
- Steve Hall suggests exercises to take you out of your comfort zone as you tackle new subjects
- Learn a new technique with Lisa Timmerman as you paint koi carp using oil and cold wax
- Paint an oil study of the head with Adele Wagstaff as she concludes her current series
- Keith Tunnicliffe begins a new three-part series on creating linocuts and shows how to make your own Christmas cards
- Alan Bickley takes a closer look at Winsor & Newton's new Professional Watercolour and Oil synthetic brush ranges
- Discover alternative ways to finish your frames with Peter Burgess
- Lizet Dingemans shows how to paint skin using just three oil colours
- Be inspired by the work of talented prizewinners in this year's TALP Open art competition
- See winners of our exciting 90th anniversary front cover competition
- The Art World
- Your views
- Book reviews
- This month's PaintersOnline Editor's Choice Award