Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
On Sale: 16/04/2021
See the latest subscription offers!
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine and secure the lowest price with one of our great value subscription offers.
What's in this Issue?
- Collette Clegg, winner of The Artist Award in the 2020 David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation Wildlife Artist of the Year Competition talks to Susie Hodge
- Mike Barr explains why the colours of shadows are rarely just darker versions of the areas not in shadow
- Sarah Edmonds looks at the discipline of keeping a sketchbook and why it’s an important ritual in the first of a new series about the artist’s practice
- Penny Harris looks at what funding is available to artists, and how to apply for it
- Art collecting in a time of coronavirus – Sally Middleton offers a personal view
Practical painting and drawing:
- Judith Yates demonstrates how she creates her impressionistic landscapes in acrylic
- Follow how Francesco Fontana painted a portrait of a grandmother and her granddaughter
- Helen Tarr demonstrates a lively painting of roses in oils
- Paul Talbot-Greaves’ new series unlocks the secrets behind creating better paintings.
- Liz Seward shows to paint lively spring landscape using coloured pencils on a liquid acrylic base
- Amanda Hyatt shares ten top tips for using acrylics like watercolour as she demonstrates an interior scene
- Follow Sarah Manolescue as she demonstrates a plein-air landscape of a riverside scene in oil
- Paint a still life in oils with Adele Wagstaff
- The Art World
- Your views
- This month's PaintersOnline Editor's Choice Award