Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
From the English coast to the Himalayas and collaborations to signatures - be inspired by all things art with the October issue of The Artist.
On Sale: 03/09/2021
See the latest subscription offers!
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine and secure the lowest price with one of our great value subscription offers.
What's in this Issue?
- Brian Henderson uses enhanced light and contrasting textures in his acrylic realist compositions, as Caroline Saunders discovers
- Patrick Cullen, Tobit Roche and Tim Scott Bolton share their experiences of painting in the Himalayas
- Discover the importance of collaborations with Sarah Edmonds
- Mike Barr looks at an important part of painting - signatures
Practical painting and drawing:
- Make a tonal study of the head in the first of a new three-part series with Adele Wagstaff
- Brian Smith advises on how to achieve effects such as atmosphere, by adjusting your pigment levels
- Explore the English costaline for inspiration with Steve Hall
- Use glazing techniques with Julie Collins to add depth to a still life painting of tulips
- Discover hard, soft and broken edges with Paul Talbot-Greaves
- Carl Knibb reveals his process for painting portraits
- Connect with nature as Ann Blockley explores woodlands and trees
- Take your work in new directions as Robert Dutton explores spray painting techniques
- Amanda Hyatt shares her experience of choosing and using watercolour paper
- Peter Burgess begins a series of three articles about picture framing