The Artist November 2019
Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
Available only in digital format.
On Sale: 11/10/2019
See the latest subscription offers!
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine and secure the lowest price with one of our great value subscription offers.
What's in this Issue?
- Peter Burgess explains reflection and refraction and how to make the most of these phenomena in your work
- More musings from Charles Williams
Practical painting and drawing:
- Create depth in watercolour with Herman Pekel
- Lucy Willis explains how to achieve perspective in watercolour landscapes
- Have an inky October as James Hobbs urges you to take part in #Inktober
- Paint mountains in acrylic with Jenny Aitken
- Kathy Barker takes an in-depth look at eyes as she begins a four-part series on portraiture
- Paint colourful dahlias in mixed media with Soraya French
- Paul Talbot-Greaves shows how to paint early autumn trees in acrylic
- Draw and paint on the spot to capture wildlife with Becky Thorley-Fox
- Robert E Wells reveals the power of the sketchbook
- Geoff Hunt travels to Cambridge where he tries out his new paintbox
- Aine Divine shows how she painted a portrait of editor, Sally Bulgin
- Learn from your mistakes with top advice from Paul Brown
- Paul Riley paints a mountainscape in acrylics
- Josephine Neil discusses the popularity of pure watercolour, ahead of an exhibition of Pure Watercolour Society members
- The Art World
- Your views
- Art Books
- This month's PaintersOnline Editor's Choice Award