The Artist March 2024
Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
Let the latest issue of The Artist inspire your new year creativity.
On Sale: 19/01/2024
See the latest subscription offers!
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine and secure the lowest price with one of our great value subscription offers.
What's in this Issue?
- Caroline Saunders talks to virtuoso artist Anthony Eyton OBE RA, who embraces the immediacy of painting with pastels
- Sarah Edmonds discovers how positive thinking and a success mindset can translate into sales
- Mike Barr suggests ways to make sure the pathway to successful commissions runs smoothly
Practical painting and drawing:
- Rodney Kingston demonstrates why a studio still life is the perfect subject for painting in oils
- In the first of two articles on resist techniques, Carole Robson introduces the gouache lift technique
- Graham Webber shows how to combine the practical benefits of photography with your imagination
- Paul Talbot-Greaves offers advice on simplifying urban scenes
- In the second of her four-part series, Rosso Emerald Crimson continues to develop her portrait and begins to introduce a muted palette
- Helen Hanson uses ink and coloured pencil to demonstrate a winter landscape
- John Owen shows how to create the impression of winter light and pure white snow in watercolour
- In the first of a new three-part series Peter Keegan demonstrates a busy bar scene in oils
- Let Sophie M Cook take you step by step through her process of painting roses in oils
- The Art World
- Your views
- Book reviews
- This month's PaintersOnline Editor's Choice