Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
Only available in digital format.
On Sale: 24/12/2020
See the latest subscription offers!
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine and secure the lowest price with one of our great value subscription offers.
What's in this Issue?
- Susie Hodge talks to Kate Newington, winner of The Artist Award in last year's Society of Women Artists' exhibition
- Marine Costello begins a series of articles on how to build a successful career as an artist in our digital world
Practical painting and drawing:
- Develop your oil painting skills with Alan Bickley as he begins a new four-part series by discussing popular choices of materials
- Discover the techniques you will need to paint a winter landscape in gouache with Robert Brindley
- Rob Wareing shares his methods for painting alla-prima oil portraits over more than one session by keeping the paint wet and workable
- Pet portraits in monochrome - Kate Priestman demonstrates and advises on the business side of working to commission
- Capture a winter sunset in watercolour with Paul Talbot-Greaves
- Marie Antoniou encourages you to let your imagination run riot when painting snowy landscapes
- Starting with a moody sky in watercolour, Barry Herniman begins a four-part series on painting elements of the landscape
- Discover Robert Dutton's favourite surfaces for creating texture for expressive paintings
- Steve Strode explores a new range of colours from Winsor & Newton's Winton oils
- Learn how to paint hair with Ann Witheridge
- Nicholas Poullis completes his watercolour series with a demonstration of a light-filled scene
- The Art World
- Your views
- Art book reviews
- This month's PaintersOnline Editor's Choice Award