The Artist April 2024
Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
Packed with inspiration for artists!
On Sale: 16/02/2024
See the latest subscription offers!
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine and secure the lowest price with one of our great value subscription offers.
What's in this Issue?
- Caroline Saunders talks to Taiwanese watercolourist Chien Chung-Wei
- Sarah Edmonds discovers that working across different media adds creative freedom to the work of artist Maggie Smith
- The move into professionalism for artists comes at a cost, warns Mike Barr
- Mark David Hatwood shares his thoughts on Non-Fungible Tokens
Practical painting and drawing:
- Charles Williams demonstrates how he uses paint to tell a story
- Rosso Emerald Crimson starts working on the background of her floral portrait in the third of her four-part series
- Grahame Booth turns his attention to buildings as he continues his series on simplifying your subject
- Steve Hall uses pastels to paint the villages and landscapes of East Anglia
- Carole Robson explores the gouache lift technique and demonstrates a colourful tulip painting
- Learn to love your greys as Paul Riley shows how this colour can transform your watercolour paintings
- Peter Keegan explores light and atmosphere as he shows how to paint figures in oils
- Barry Herniman exploits the qualities of gouache to produce paintings of falling water
- Alan Bickley puts the Natural Line range of eco-friendly papers by Hahnemühle through their paces
- Paul Talbot-Greaves offers advice on how to make sure the focal point is supported by the rest of the work
- Erwin P Lewandowski shows how to capture the swirling quality of water with coloured pencils
- The Art World
- Your views
- Book reviews
- This month's PaintersOnline Editor's Choice