Issue MediaHang on Studio Wall
Issue Meta Data
Have fun experimenting with sponge rollers, corrugated cardboard, tinted papers and more!
On Sale: 18/02/2022
See the latest subscription offers!
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine and secure the lowest price with one of our great value subscription offers.
What's in this Issue?
For you this month:
- Winner of the Leisure Painter award in our 2021 TALP Open, Stuart Johnson, talks about his painting life
- Create a fun map using watercolour and collage techniques with Hazel Jarvis
- Discover different focal points for composition as Andy Walker introduces this month's painting project
- Veronica Winters completes her coloured pencil still life on tinted paper
- Try an exciting surface and help the environment too as Liz Chaderton uses cardboard packaging and newsprint for her watercolour paintings
- Develop your acrylic painting skills with Alice May
- Stephen Coates shows how to paint three simple vignettes of water, rocks and trees in watercolour
- Learn to draw realistic fabric using lost-and-found edges with Elena Parashko
- Stephen Coates demonstrates two simple watercolour snow scenes for beginners
- Learn to paint against the light with watercolour painting advice from Brian Smith
- Manda Comisari shares 12 gouache painting techniques for you try
- Pick up and ink pen and draw! Colin Joyce begins a new three-part series on sketching
- To mark The Queen's platinum jubilee, Linda Birch showcases the Queen's horses as subjects for painting
- Paint figures on the Mediterranean coast with Murray Ince
- Get creative with acrylic paints and sponge rollers with ideas from Peter Wood
- Julie King shows how paint white anemones using just three colours
- Call for entries to our TALP Open 2022 competition
- Reader's letters
- Things to do this month
- Practical art book reviews
- Paintings from the PaintersOnline gallery