Two paintings started together

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Looks pretty well cooked to me Marjorie, The light catching some of the foliage is excellent. I wouldn’t think it wants any more doing. Maybe just look at it for a day or two, or turn it to the wall for a day!
Thanks Tessa, I'll do that.
Alan, I hadn't noticed you'd commented, you were back a page. I can't imagine you fiddling! The only thing I might decide is whether to put a purple/ blue wash over the bottom of the painting, to make the light stand out more....will pass by it over the next few days and then decide.
Yes, that could work, good idea. I do restrain myself these days, more an ex fiddler perhaps!
OOh I'm loving the undergrowth painting. You could step right into it, you've got that lighting spot on. I'm also impressed that you had two paintings on the go, and such different paintings. I can see the benefits.
Because the paintings are so different, you don't have the same problems when you go from one to the other. More relaxing.
Where have you been recently Michael? Thanks by the way.
Marjorie Firth on 12/02/2020 22:21:22
Hope you're both well on the mend. I'm still around but so busy that I've not had much chance to participate. My wife is just getting over a broken shoulder and I've had a knee replacement so between us we only have have two arms and two legs - a real couple of woebegones. 
Michael Edwards on 12/02/2020 23:12:46
My husband always says that we must be the only people in our village with our own hips! And knees!😆

Edited
by Marjorie Firth

But you'd be good together in the three legged race, Michael.
Amazing woodland scene Marjorie, love how the light just gently brushes over the tip of the leaves.
Messed up grand daughter a bit, put it away. Did 45min on woodland scene. Much more to do yet.
Marjorie Firth on 12/02/2020 17:20:00

Edited
by Anjana Cawdell

Showing page 2 of 2