Turpsy WIP

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Poor photo, but you should get the idea: I'm almost tempted to leave it at this stage, because I rather like it: but it's only paint scrubbed on with Turps.... I've managed to pull a muscle in my shoulder (I wasn't aware I HAD any - nor do I know how I've managed to pull it) so it may be a few days before I can apply the next layer.
Hmm… it’s as blurred as hell but I don’t know if that’s down to the photo or your loose representation of the scene! But… I really like this, loose and devoid of detail (as far as I can tell), and definitely should be left alone as it is in my opinion…  But you won’t… because you’ll want to fiddle as I would. It can stand a bit of work on the foreground up to the middle distance, (I’m talking texture in the main), but not anywhere else. 
It's partly the fact that I could only hold the camera with one hand, because I've hurt my shoulder - and partly sheer ineptitude.  It could stay as it is with a bit of a tidy up - yes, the foreground especially, but also the more distant cliff.... but it's only a sketch at this stage: my problem is going to lie in keeping the looseness: and not adding too much detail.  
It might only be a sketch… but it works as it is!
It does look very good as you said Robert in your other post.
I like your “ sketch” too. I like the format and the simplicity. 
I like it so much. I was also trying another thing for me, which is a https://ukwritings.com/essay-services website that offers writing services, and I was trying them because I wanted help in writing because I am so poor at it. I used them, and the few things that I like about them are that they have a huge variety of work available to order, they are very affordable, and most importantly, they are very professional in their work. If you are in need, you can seek help from them. 

Edited
by Foster Kemp

I'm going to leave it, more or less; might strengthen those bits to which Alan referred, but apart from that I'll keep it as it is, and whip out another panoramic canvas and carry out my original conception on that: it'd be interesting to see the contrast, and possibly instructive. 
Looking forward to seeing it, Robert.  Mind the shoulder.
It just needs a couple of seagulls, is all  Robert. (-: